Mitt Romney on Minority Religious Affiliations

26 November 2007


From the Christian Science Monitor:

I asked Mr. Romney whether he would consider including qualified Americans of the Islamic faith in his cabinet as advisers on national security matters, given his position that "jihadism" is the principal foreign policy threat facing America today. He answered, "…based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."
Gee, Mitt. I'm afraid that since Mormons only account for ~1-2% of the United States population, we won't be able to elect you as President, either. But don't worry, you could still maybe be comptroller or something. Because we're not biased against Mormons or anything like that.

No comments: