Chris Wallace Takes FOX & Friends to Task

21 March 2008


FOX News host Chris Wallace took his colleagues to task today on FOX & Friends:

Hey listen, I love you guys but I want to take you to task if I may, respectfully, for a moment. I have been watching the show since 6:00 this morning when I got up, and it seems to me that two hours of Obama bashing on this typical white person remark is somewhat excessive and frankly I think you’re somewhat distorting what Obama had to say.
You may remember that this is the same FOX & Friends that falsely spread the whole "Obama-attended-a-radical-madrassa" smear.

But wait. It gets better.
Far be it for me to be a spokesman for the Obama campaign, and I will tell you that they would laugh at that characterization, but you know, the fact is that after giving a speech on race earlier this week, on Tuesday, he gave a major speech on Iraq on Wednesday and a major speech on the economy yesterday. And so, I think they would say that in terms of deflecting attention away from the issues people really want to hear about, maybe it’s the media doing it, not Barack Obama.
Even Chris Wallace can see this for what it is. Rather than discussing these issues like adults, the people at FOX & Friends persist on hanging onto every little sound byte and playing on racial tensions in a completely counter-productive fashion.

(h/t Think Progress)

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I can't tell you how happy I was to see this segment.